Friday, November 4, 2011

youtube videos that make me homesick

Today I did a unit on "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" with my Kindergartners. After reading the story and making caterpillars of our own I had a little bit of extra time in my rotation. What to do, what to do? I know! Show them Gus on YouTube! It's about a caterpillar and a butterfly, it will be perfect!

Wait...you don't know what Gus is?! Gus is only the most classic video my brother Sam has ever made. It features my siblings (and my brothers friends). Please watch THIS right away. It will make your day and it will make you miss my family. At least...that is what it did for me. And also, my kids LOVED it. They were laughing so hard. So dearest family, I want you to know you are funny not only at our house, but also internationally in Ukraine. Miss you!

And also. I've had THIS classic song stuck in my head all day. It makes me miss my roommates. So much. We may or may not have learned this dance and did nightly practices in our living room. To the girls of PV 47, I love you. I want to love you tender. How can I be sure your not pretender?

3 comments:

  1. I love you, I want to love you tender... Hahaha! And Gus! Aah! Youtube has so many gems. This post makes me miss you. And your family. And creeper dancing in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHAH!!! i totally forgot about that dance! why did we never complete that?! oh my gosh i miss you so much! i can't wait for all of us to reunite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shut up. you did not learn that dance! that makes me wish I was your cute girls' roommate sooo bad!! LOVE IT! and ... you may have the cutest family ever!! loved the video.

    ReplyDelete