Sunday, November 13, 2011

Eleven Wishes

11/11/11 was such a happy day! It started off at school where we decorated 11's.
And made clocks that were supposed to look like this...
But looked more like this....(way cuter anyways!)

And then the magic happened right in the middle of class! And I made all my kids kiss the clock!

I had to think of some way to make the rest of 11/11/11 really special...what would it be? And my wish, ah what was my ultimate 11/11/11 wish going to be?! Genius plan...why not make 11 wishes? Laria and I found 11 ways to do just that. I made a list of the perfect 11 wishes and the magic began!

Wish #1: Scriptures
Rumor has it you can make a wish, open a set of scriptures and if the page says "and it came to pass" anywhere on it, then your wish will come true! Good thing it said it multiple times on the page I opened to!
Wish#2: Ring
It's said that if you put a ring on someone and say "I wish it on ____" filling the blank with a date and time then you can make a wish and it will come true if the person doesn't remove the ring before the said time. Laria and I wished rings upon each other and didn't remove them until after 11:11 p.m. Another wish granted!
Wish #3: Wishbone
Everyone knows you can make a wish on a wishbone! Well we didn't have any turkey's handy, so how were we supposed to get a wishbone! Don't worry, we found an alternative. Wishbone the dog! Just as legit right? Just ripped him in half.
Wish #4: Leaf in running water
You can make a wish and drop a leaf in running water and if it lands right side up, your wish will come true! Once again, our lack or resources here led us to the kitchen sink. We made a mini lake and had the water running in. That definitely calls as running water! Leaf right side up! Yes!
Wish #5:Going through a tunnel holding your breath
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Wish #6:Throw money into a fountain
The mall with the fountain was closed, but we didn't let us stop us! We just threw money down the drain. It counts, I promise. I threw 11 kapekas (Ukraine's version of cents)to be exact!
Wish #7:Wish upon a star
Ukraine really has something against us making wishes, so it produced clouds covering stars all night. But once again, we didn't let them get away with it! We found a star.....this one. "Starlight star bright, first star I see tonight!"
Wish #8:Bury a list of 100 people who have touched your life
This was possibly my favorite activity of the night. We made lists of 100 people that touched our lives. If you ever are having a bad day, please please do this. It was a sweet experience to remember all the people I've been blessed with in my life! It was hard to stop at 100! You can bury the list and if you aren't seen doing it, your wish will come true. We magically found some random pot of fresh ready-for-burial dirt. Buried unseen. Check!
Wish #9:Blow out a candle
Does this only count on your birthday? Because it was my unbirthday. And we had funfetti cupcakes. Only my favorite treat ever! Kalley brought a box to Ukraine, no better day to use it!
Wish #10:Eyelash
Everyone knows if you lose an eyelash you can make a wish and blow it off your finger.
Wish #11:Kiss the clock at 11:11
Obviously we had to end on this one! 11:11 came and the best wish of all was made.

And that is the end to our eleven wishes. Oh and did I mention the awesome people in our branch that were out of town and had us stay at their apartment? That is why these pictures look like they are not in Ukraine. This apartment is basically not. It was a nice getaway for the weekend! Thank you eleven eleven eleven for bringing such an awesome needed weekend!

4 comments:

  1. wait. this is a joke. because i did the EXACT same thing. hahahahahahahahahahaha sarah!!!! soul power. i'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH!!!! this is so great. what better way for sarah to celebrate 11/11/11 than in ukraine. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIKE Button. Miss you. But, I loved this post. IT was a piece of Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh. I'm obsessed with you. I wish I could have been there with you, making the most of 11/11/11. you are too darn cute and just live life to the fullest!! love you!

    ReplyDelete