Friday, November 18, 2011

What is that smell?

A few weeks ago I got a big hole in my jeans. That is really bad considering I only have two pairs of jeans here. So my loving mother put a package together quickly to send me another pair. To my surprise it took two short weeks and arrived yesterday! (Sorry roommates....no sign of yours.) I had to go on a little trip to meet my director to pick it up. Arriving back at the school I pulled out a pair of scissors and started cutting the tape. I could smell something, so I started sniffing it. Kalley looked at me confused, "why in the world are you smelling that?" "Does this smell like hot chocolate to you?" Oh, I thought to myself, they must have put hot chocolate packets in. Cute. Yes, adorable UNTIL....it was all over my stuff! The package was awesome minus the chocolate powder.

It consisted of:
-a pair of jeans
-a cute new scarf (which I'm wearing today, thank you)
-socks at my request because mine are getting holes in them. Oh wait, the ones sent have holes in them. Haha!
-hershey's cookie and cream, almond joys, and reese's pieces. some of my favorites!
-a hot glue gun, the school desperately needs one
-oh and HOT CHOCOLATE.

You can kind of see the chocolate powder.
The holes in the hot chocolate.
Me sitting on the bathroom floor at school wiping the chocolate off everything.

Lesson for everyone to learn from this: Don't send people hot chocolate packets in the mail! Unless they are in 27 ziplock bags. Everything still smells like hot chocolate, but it is ok because I loved everything inside! Thank you family!

So yesterday just wasn't my day with chocolate. The Harshbarger's called Laria and I for some last minute babysitting. They left some chocolate chip cookie dough ready to go into the oven. Laria was playing some angry birds on the iPad with Pearce and I was just busy skyping with my father. 45 minutes later I smell something (both these stories include my super sniffer sensing something wrong). "Laria, is something in the oven? It smells funny." The pure terror on her face was priceless. She ran at the speed of light to the kitchen. Sure enough, the cookies that were originally supposed to cook for 5-7 minutes were still there. We rushed to open all the windows. Let's keep in mind that we are on the seventh floor of an apartment building. If the fire alarm goes off, the whole building will be evacuated while we stand there trying to tell them in Russian that it was ok, we just burnt some cookies. Bad news! So I stand in the kitchen fanning away with towels while Laria prepares to take the cookies out of the oven and rush them to the deck. We say a prayer as we fan just hoping this situation will not get any worse! All was well, Laria made it to the balcony and we got to do some awesome dance moves fanning the kitchen for the next few minutes. We were scared to actually look at them once they were cooled off. Well, there wasn't much to see. They blended right in with the black pan! You think I am exaggerating? I am not. Please look.
That one in the middle is what they are supposed to look like.
What? We didn't burn the cookies guys! We just wanted to make oreos!

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahhahahahahahahahahah. I LOVE THIS STORY! LARIA! you are my hero! haha gosh dangn't you guys are soooo cool! sarah this reminds me of the time we burnt bread at our apartment with lindsey when we were making dinner! hahahaha you guys are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this too! seriously want to be best friends with you guys!! when I looked at the picture of Laria before reading, I thought that she was holding an oreo! how funny!

    ReplyDelete