Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Day in Dresden

The day we went to Dresden was the halfway mark of our time in Ukraine. Laria and I celebrated by blasting (if you can even call full volume on an itouch blasting) Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer." Since we had our room to ourselves we went crazy jumping on the bed and screaming "Whoooooooa! We're halfway there! WhoooooAAAAA livin' on a prayer! Take my hand and we'll make it I swear!" Awesome. Until we realized it was 7:30 and people were still sleeping. Oops. What a great start to a magical day in Dresden, Germany. Dresden was AWESOME. I can't pick a favorite....but this is high up there.








Funny story. Remember how we went with Ukrainians? Even though they weren't on our tours, we would see them around the city. I am not kidding when I say they pose exactly like the picture below for ALL pictures. They never smile. They usually make these kind of faces. They are posers! So we had to try to become more cultured. Mine worked.
But in the middle of Laria's shot, a truck was coming up behind her. I caught her face right after she turned back to see it. This picture looks posed, but it is not. That is real life.






Our tour guide Sylvia
This was the most divine crepe I've ever had in my life. Nutella and bananas. How come no one ever introduced me to Nutella before Ukraine?! Too good, too good.
Eating our crepe
Awesome street crossing lights.
Eating bratwurst in Germany. Sweet! I don't even love hot dogs, so I was worried. No need for that because it was DELICIOUS!
Laria and I found an awesome old photo booth. After we took some cool best friend pictures we used them for her photography practice. Turned out pretty cool right?
Laria was jealous of my picture so we had to take one together. Also cool.

And that was Dresden. Two weeks ago from today. What? It's already been two weeks since then? See you in 6 weeks America!

2 comments:

  1. 6 weeks, 6 weeks, 7 hours, 7 HOURS! Crepes in Europe are freaking the best things ever. I am SO jealous of your trip! AHHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I can't believe you will be here so soon! Extra exciting news. Although, I am excited you got to visit Dresden. I long to go there...

    ReplyDelete