Friday, October 21, 2011

U is for Ukulele

In the basic reading class, we work on one letter a day. We sing songs, do writing, and coloring. Then I have a "surprise" activity that starts with the letter. Today was U day which meant....my ukulele! It is the first time I brought it to school because I've been worried about it dying in the metro on our morning route here. The kids weren't happy with just me playing so they insisted they learned. They took turns sitting on my lap and strumming while I did the chords and sang along. It was adorable, I must say.

Illia
Marina was upset because she wanted chocolate
Genia

We made family pictures in frames with our kids last week and with the afternoon kids when we subbed. We finally hung them up today. Aren't they cute?!
Here is my own family!
Katya's is my favorite. Her dad is a really big guy and he always comes in wreaking like smoke with a little bit of alcohol. To be honest, he kind of scares me, and I don't understand how she came from him. But anyways....this is her family. Look how she drew her dad! Haha so classic.
Also...Ecuador is all over the place here.

Did I mention I'm leaving tomorrow for an 8 day vacation?! Budapest, Hungary. Vienna, Austria. Dresden, Germany. Prague, Czech Republic. I am ecstatic!! Now off to packing.

1 comment: