Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Laundry

Guess who finally did their laundry for the first time here? ME! And just one load. I was finally out of underwear and I've been recylcing 3 pairs of socks for the past week. I figured it was time. But one whole month without laundry, I would say that is skill! Others may call it disgusting. But hey, I'm just fitting it with Ukrainians right? Plus I'm pretty positive my clothes got dirtier from washing them. The cats like to take naps inside the washing machine. That means the cat hairs already chilling on my clothes get to be reunited with their old neighbors. Family reunion for cat hairs via Sarah's "clean" clothes....perfect! But I'll admit the clothes at least smell like clean laundry, even if they don't look the part. So I'm grateful for that. And I'm even more grateful for dryers back home in the states. They are non-existent over here. I never knew how stiff clothes get from hang drying. So next time you are annoyed because you are doing laundry just be grateful you have a dryer and you aren't hanging your undies up for everyone to see! And if you don't have a dryer....I don't know what to tell you. Email me and we can complain together.

p.s. Dear Mom: I think this would be a great time for me to THANK YOU for all the years you have spent doing countless loads of laundry for our family. Especially when I would be demanding and say "I need this clean by tonight!" Also thank you for being allergic to cats so we don't have to own any. But seriously, thanks for all the laundry you've done. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment