Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It begins! Lviv

I just returned from an amazing trip to Lviv, Ukraine and Krakow, Poland. I've always dreamed of traveling in Europe, so it still seems unreal to me that I'm here! It is everything I imagined and more. But no need to be jealous, I will share a little piece of it with you through my overload of pictures divided into a few posts(one post was just too long).

The journey began at 11:58 p.m. Tuesday night as we boarded the night train to Lviv, Ukraine. I loved the night train in India, even though it was pretty sketchy. I figured this one would be awesome compared to that! Well, it wasn't much better....just a little bit. But I still LOVED it! Seriously, I wish we always traveled on night trains. I might go home and build a night train from SLC to Disneyland since that is about the only traveling I do in America. That way I can enjoy night trains and go my happiest place on earth. Family what do you think?

Waiting at the train station
Hanging out before bed
Like I said...not much better than India. Your waste still goes directly to the train tracks.
Oh just curling up for bed.

On Wednesday morning we got to Lviv, Ukraine. We were hungry after our night on the train. Luckily we found Lviv's famous secret restaurant. You knock on the door and someone opens it with a gun and asks for the password. Kind of scary! We learned it from a local and recited it the whole way there so we wouldn't forget. "Slava Ukrayini."
Laria and I shared this delicious fried entree filled with mashed potatoes. And some cheese pancakes that were absolutely disgusting.

We walked around the streets of Lviv where we heard music like this..
and found random statues like this...
and ate chocolate like this...
and I found a piece of Clara there.

We got lazy and took a tour of the city by a little train with headsets. We listened in English of course.
And Laria fell asleep.
We climbed the most stairs I've ever climbed at once to the top of a clock tower. You could see the whole city and the view was so worth it! I wish pictures could capture what it really was like up there. One of the best things I've ever seen.
On the way down we signed a wall covered in signatures. Of course I added my own!
Here I am next to it showing my Wild Wild West pride, Ukrainian style!

After a wonderful day exploring Lviv we were finally headed to Poland. Here we are waiting for the bus to pick us up.

To be continued.....

1 comment: