Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Poland: The world's best kept secret!

(Important note to reader: My trip is in 4 separate blog posts. If you would like to read from the beginning start with the post titled "It begins! Lviv". Blogger seems to be having problems hiding that post so click HERE to make it easier to find. Then hit newer posts each time after that to see them in order).

I don't know about you, but no one ever told me Poland was so awesome! I am now convinced it is the world's best kept secret. Not many tourists, beautiful architecture, amazing sight seeing, and lots of history! Who knew?! Krakow is the most charming city in the world, at least that I've seen so far. If you ever have the chance, GO!

Thanks to my awesome aunt Jenny, we got a tour guide to show us around the city and teach us a little about the history! Her name is Marta and she was amazing!
Our lovely girls

Let me just show you how beautiful this place is....













Ray Ban! For my family's "pet" sting ray!

Wonderful right? I thought you might agree. And just to finish off the trip....

We were exhausted after our long day. Laria and I ended up sharing a tiny top bunk with no bar on the side. Surprised I didn't fall off and die.

Can you tell I love Laria yet?

Just trying to sneak a picture with Sergay....do you think he noticed?

Someone caught this picture of us asleep. You can tell I'm trying to get as far away from Sergay as possible. Real comfortable I'll tell ya.

A little piece of Ecuador in a Polish gas station!

We left Poland at 9 am Saturday morning and drove literally all day. We got in Lviv at 8 with only 3 stops of 15 minutes each. The border crossing took hours! So 11 hours later we had to just get right on the night train. This time we didn't share compartments and Laria and I were with strangers. We both slept on top bunks. The girl across from us was 11 and looked terrified because she wasn't by her family. We asked if she spoke English and she did! She was really good. Her parents were really excited and they kept asking questions and had her translate. Talk about talent! She also said she was a world champion kick boxer....I hope that is true! In the morning she woke us up at 6 a.m. to get off and her parents begged for a photo! She also got our email. I love making new friends here! Here is our sweet little Darina...

After almost 24 hours straight of traveling we got back just in time to change and go to church. This week our church building was changed to a meeting house next to the temple. Even though I was absolutely exhausted I'm so grateful I went to church! I got there and every hymn we sang was on my favorite list. Coincidence? I think not. The chapel was beautiful and I'm so excited to go to church in this new building. The best part is, you walk out the doors and the temple is literally right in front of you. I go to church on temple grounds! The perfect ending to a wonderful vacation!

2 comments:

  1. okay okay okay. poland looks awesome. i love reading your blog and i don't even care that it was four posts because i loved reading all about it! keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jfkldajklfeaklnbkle;ajofepjgkldajfkldajfoepajgeajkeajfeanve;ajfkdjfkldjafkldjsakl vjekafjkldjfkdlsajfkdl afjkd. that is all.

    ReplyDelete