Thursday, September 8, 2011

cats

I now know without a doubt that I will never ever own a cat.

Why is it that we are not allowed to see the dogs at our house here, but the cats never leave us alone? We close our door to keep them out of our stuff and off our pillows. Anytime I leave the room they stick to me like a magnet. I still manage to find their hair on every single thing I have. It isn't that big of a deal, but it is starting to irritate me and this is why.

We have this situation of miscommunication due to lack of language. Our host mom doesn't know we need to get in the kitchen and know where healthy water is. Luckily I have a filter in my water bottle and we buy more bottles because they are probably 10 cents. But last night I was trying to fix the situation and she ended up just bringing me water on the desk next to the computer. I'm taking sips here and there. All of a sudden I turn and the cat's face is in my cup drinking the water. Those smelly creatures are trying to share water with me! Ok....I have more water. No big deal right? It continues.

This morning I wake up 6:45 am sleepy eyed, no contacts, walking around in the dark. Go in the bathroom to take a shower(if it is even considered a shower here). See something gross in the tub, but due to the eye circumstances listed above couldn't see well. Are those slugs sitting there? Turn on lights, squint and lean closer. Oh no, that is cat poop. CAT POOP! In the tub I'm supposed to sit down in to bathe. Not bathing was not an option. Picked it up with the last square of toilet paper flushed it down the toilet and cried a little inside my mind.

Breakfast rolls around. Finally we don't have slimy porridge, but delcious eggs and bread WITH BUTTER. That doesn't happen. We've eaten some form of bread at every meal and have never seen butter. So excited for this meal. What do I see....cat hair in a few places on my food. Thank you Markiza and Rura, for adding cat hair to every second of my life. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA so great. I can't even believe you picked up that cat poo. i would probably cry. i would also cry if i lived with TWO cats! AHH!!

    ReplyDelete